Sunday, September 19, 2010

It just sounds the same.

So to was a work day, I worked at Sunlife Stadium, its hard to keep up with what the stadium is called these days. It was Land Shark not long ago, then it is now Sunlife Stadium.

The day begins with the techs who show up on time tired of waiting for stage hands, So we do the work ourselves. We unloaded the Truck and then the stage hand show up, we get them in on the heavy stuff then, they get to push the 2000lbs platform back over to the staging area. goodness on wheels.

So we set up and the band does not show up for sound check. so we leave and my day consisted of a meeting for the new thing thats going to happen.

Then hanging out with Troy, and Joe odd combo. but happens.

So then Its now time for me to get back to work so head off and I was going to stop for food until I noticed my gas was low so I had to take care of that.

Now to show call.

I arrive at Sunlife Stadium to hear a massive clanging sound just constantly going.
After getting inside they had handed out 10,000 Cow Bells and Mini Drum stick to go with it.

I have never heard so many latins out of time with everything in such a large scale before. It gave me a head ache.

Tonight's featured act is a Salsa band, Now I am not one to judge culture, BUT!!!! Salsa is the same thing over and over again. 

The act went on for 1 hour and 25 minutes. give or take a few minutes.
I was at the end banging my head on the spot light, the guy did not move at all.
he danced in the same small circular motion the whole time.  I believe I was banging
my head off time with the band and the 10,000 cow bells.

Every one was a toys player tonight. Im not sure what mess of tempo's went on durring the show, but the off time from everything people with cowbells.

I know Christopher Walken made the cow bell famous but this was over kill...
there is only cure for my sickness and its to make the cow bell stop.


after The show ended. We quickly packed up our gear and headed out.

tonight is a good night, i worked tonight. I really do enjoy my co workers they bring a certain humor to the table that is not often found.

So all that being said, it was a day of salsa and i think ill pass on the chips tomorrow.

Love, Peace and Chicken Grease.

2 comments:

  1. oh for job, I mean joy... the "job" popped out, I started to backspace and thought differently. My gala gig is this week. The off beat cowbells remind me of the head of this gig who is the MC, LOVES the sound of his own voice and it drones on for almost 3 hours... Tuesday is the "rehearsal", begins at 3, lasts till 6, nothing is in order as it will be presented, I mean gosh, how many times do me have to say "check" or "is this mike on?" into the best sound system in the county and the sound guy TURNS IT OFF WHEN YOU PUT IT DOWN!!! I love the gala, it's a great cause, it's for kids! But I'll definitely pass on the chips after the gig on Thursday... they usually serve prime rib and they feed the techs! Best part of the night!

    Okay Kyle, you can have your platform back now... haha, sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, thats cool. Yeah real sound guys know how to handle that muting and un muting. its good stuff.

    It was more the 10,000 out of time cowbells and the salsa band i would like to not happen again.

    yeah we usually get fed at these gigs. Tomorrow is Ann Stork, we will be getting food from all the catering companies from this event will be good stuff. from what i hear its all top notch and we get first rounds.

    ReplyDelete